1 cup yellow cornmeal
1 box of Jiffy Mix
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
3 tsp baking powder
t tsp salt
2 tsp pepper
1 cup milk
1/2 cup Sizzle
1/2 cup pickled jalapeños
1 cup cheddar cheese
1/2 cup sour cream
10" cast iron skillet pan
Active Time: 10
Full Time: 30
1. Preheat oven to 400 F. Place case iron skillet in the oven to heat up.
2. To a bowl, mix dry ingredients: cornmeal, jiffy mix, flour, baking power, salt and pepper.
3. In a separate bowl, whisk together wet ingredients: eggs, milk, Sizzle.
4. Add wet ingredients to the bowl of dry ingredients and mix together.
5. Add sour cream and fold into mixture.
6. Coat shredded cheese in some flour (to avoid clumping) then fold into batter.
7. Chop up pickled jalapeños and fold into batter.
8. Carefully remove skillet from oven and coat bottom with Sizzle, and pour in the cornbread batter.
9. Bake in oven for 20 minutes or until top is golden brown.
10. 3 minutes before cornbread is done, thinly slice raw jalapeño and soak in water to remove the seeds. Pat dry and top the cornbread with jalapeños, shredded cheddar cheese, and Drizzle.
11. Place back in the oven until cheese is bubbly and the top is golden. Let cool and enjoy!